|Project: APAC IT Modernization Program
Role: Principal Integration Architect Implementation and upgrading on D365 CE & FO and integration with over 20 external systems for supply chain management. BizTalk upgrade to Azure Integration Services. Leading 5 staff in the integration team.
|Project: South 32 (Multiple)
Role: Cloud Architect
1. Capital Portfolio system re-architecture for the cloud. Consolidate all portfolio systems into 1 custom application, migrate to the cloud and enable mass scale. 2. IoT Edge reporting solution for SCADA sensor reporting integrating with multiple OT systems for data collection.
|Software Engineering Manager November 2017 – November 2018
Role: Engineering Manager / Scrum Master / Product Owner
Managing a team of 20 people to deliver technology ranging from payment solutions, IOS/Android mobile account tools, online loans/credit cards/account opening websites, customer relationship management and desktop software to manage branch daily cash flow counting.
After the Agile transformation (Blaze) I took on 2 extra roles – Scrum Master and Customer Outcome Owner (Product Owner) for a team of 6 with a focus on the Royal Commission fixes.
Technologies .Net, C++, ASP, Java, Groovy, Swift, BDD, TDD, RabbitMQ, Elastic, Oracle, Open Stack, Azure
Tools Agile Safe Scrum (Blaze), Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket with GitFlow
Fintech Services Australia
Fair Go Finance
|CTO / Architect / Manager / Developer June 2015 – November 2017
Company purchased by South African firm mybucks.com
• Founded the IT team reporting to the Managing Director
• Owned company IT (systems development / operations)
• Responsible for IT strategy/security/budget across the organization
• Started, negotiated tenancy and ran the new Perth CBD office
• Managed a team of 7 staff (all HR aspects)
• Vendor management of software/services (developers in Queensland, New Zealand, South Africa & IT services from a local company)
• Obtained a 120K sponsorship from BizSpark for Microsoft Azure
• Designed Disaster Recovery Procedure/Business Continuity Process
• Engaged in numerous other activities from EBITA analysis/optimization, R&D tax grant, ASIC audit, VOIP phone installation
• Submitted Research & Development proposal tax grant for $453,000
• Implemented a playbook to manage how work is managed within the IT organization
• Implemented companywide Agile Kanban process and introduced tools including GitHub, Trello, Slack, Azure 365
• Project planning / budget / estimation / reporting
• Facilitated daily standups / story kickoffs / retrospectives / showcases
• Responsible for budget/estimates/timelines/delivery
Architecture / Process
• Introduced Azure and built an office in the cloud
• Microservice architecture with PAAS built using Azure technologies
• Linux data science machines for model building
• Thin client access solution for the loan management system via Azure Remote Apps / Remote desktop services with Perth/ Mandurah VPN
• Connected 2 offices with site to site VPNs
• Design and development using best practice techniques on Azure to implement a live credit decisioning engine
• Solutions include
o Fasti – online credit decision platform built using Aurelia (SPA), .Net Web API, Azure SQL using an Event Sourced/CQRS model
o Portal – customer portal – allowing customers to access their loan application built using .Net, Core Aurelia, .Net Web Api
o Muto – change management system builds for a 3rd party VB.Net loan management system to handle scripting changes
o Viso – Azure SQL data warehouse solution
o Annie – Analytics service for credit risk models (using Azure ML & R)
o Brahmi – Score Card service for re-use of scorecards by internal applications
o Posti – Inbound email parser and categorizer
o Custom NuGet packages (logging/config/interfacing with internal systems)
o Umbraco – new CMS website launched 04/17
• Azure virtual environment setup to host 3rd party loan management software. Remote Apps used for office staff on a WinForms solution. Migrated to Remote Desktop Services.
• Apply online – loan originations website with integrated credit check and bank statement extraction with an automated decline based on credit score card rules. Contract displayed and signed online.
• Customer portal – for tracking existing loan applications and managing repeat requests.
• New Umbraco website
• Over 15 different GitHub repositories ranging from Analytics database to Environment automation scripts to manage firewalls/backs up
• Migrated company to Microsoft Office 365
Technologies .Net (C# & VB.Net for 3rd party LMs), Python, R, DDD/BDD/TDD, event sourcing/CQRS, Aurelia, Azure, AppVeyor, RabbitMQ, Stackify (Elastic)
Tools Agile Kanban via Trello using Corrello, GitHub flow
|Software Developer – Contract July 2014 – June 2015
• Worked across 2 teams to deliver online/instore personal finance system.
• C# .Net 4.5, Azure, Azure/SQL Server, GitHub
• Web team – enhancements to their existing web / personal finance web site, Yodlee for bank statement extracts
• Mercury team – microservice based personal finance system, primarily worked implemented credit/identity checks with Veda.
Technologies .Net DDD/BDD/TDD, event sourcing/CQRS Entity Framework(web) NHibernate (Mercury), REST, Azure, Team City, jQuery, Jasmine, New-Relic, microservices
|Architect / Development Manager Online February 2011 –January 2014
• 30 Billion Funds Under Management
• Software ownership/management of quote, CRM, annuities system.
• IT Management, resource planning/scheduling/management, budgets, stakeholder engagement, performance reviews, business requirements gathering, team leadership, code reviews, hiring, roadmap/planning
• Solution architecture / coding initial solution whilst building team
• Three public MVC websites for Adviser/Investor/Admin access using Federated Windows Identity Foundation for security
• 3rd party WCF/SOAP/REST integration.
• Service Bus SOA messaging (N-Service Bus)
• Salesforce CRM integration and development (Force.com & REST APIs)
• Developed and maintained relationships with external vendors, consultants and integration partners
• Financial modeling/data driven tests for calculation of annuity quotes. Directly working with Actuaries
• Online calculators developed with Spread Sheet Gear
• Mobile development IOS/Phone Gap (Salesforce integration)
• Agile coaching & business process transformation from waterfall
• F# for internal tools and regression tests (Spec flow/Canopy)
• Java web service client examples for integrators to reuse
• Continuous integration
Technologies SOA, DDD,TDD/BDD, C#,F#,VB, .Net, Java, IOC NHibernate, WCF, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, N Service Bus, ADFS, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Salesforce, PowerShell, jQuery, Knockout JS, Spreadsheet Gear, XML, SOAP, MSMQ, SCOM, SSRS, SVN, JIRA/Confluence/SharePoint (custom workflows), Team City, SOLID
Processes Agile Lean Kanban (originally waterfall to SCRUM to Lean) – APRA approved
|Senior Developer – Contract February 2008 – November 2010
Project Development of Beazley Trade V 3.0 (US/UK underwriting platform). Worked with numerous MVPs, London .Net User Group members and Thought Workers.
• BDD with monorail MVC, Fitness
• BizTalk, N Service Bus, WCF flow between workflow/rating/accounting systems
• SharePoint development for DMS
• WPF MVVM Office add-ins for documents/raters
• In-Rule rule engine –https://www.inrule.com/resources/case-studies/beazley/
• Exchange development
• One billion USD throughput expected for 2011
Technologies C# 3.5, Monorail MVC, Castle Stack, NHibernate, WCF, WPF, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint, BizTalk, Rhino-mocks, Fitnesse, Gallio, Team City, In-Rule rules engine
Processes DDD, TDD/BDD Agile development, CQRS, Daily scrum meetings, Continuous integration using Cruise/Team City, Perforce, Rally
|Technical Architect – Contract November 2006 – September 2007
Design and development ITV video broadband solution including: CMS, public facing site and video rights management system under Agile XP methodology.
• Managing architecture including solution design and infrastructure
• Mentoring a team of developers
• Sole development of a multithreaded windows services for publication
• TFS source control and Cruise Control for Automated Builds
• N-Unit test driven development
• Windows Workflow Foundation (the 2.0 back-port) processed incoming feeds passed via BizTalk
• Offered permanent position
Processes Agile development, Daily scrum meeting’s (N-Unit), Continuous integration using Cruise Control linked to Team Foundation Server, Code refactoring.
|Senior Analyst Programmer – Contract January 2005 – November
Project Sun Seeker (Hosted trading system via Citrix for Reuters 3000Xtra)
Hosted product delivery environment involved developing an environment of over 500 servers to allow clients to login via the web to run all Reuters applications via Citrix.
• Reuters 3000 Xtra (Trading application) – private trading cloud
• Market data integrating into a desktop application securely hosted in a private self-built cloud with Citrix
• Reuters development outsourced to Thailand June 2006 (manage offshore developers until November)
Technologies C#/C++, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, XML, XSLT, VBS, VBA, UML, Active Directory, Perl, Citrix,
Processes Semi-Agile development
|Analyst Programmer – Contract August 2003 – November 2004
Project TMS – Travel Management System
Working within a 15-man team to redevelop Western Australia Railways booking and ticketing engine. The project involved developing 2 windows clients, one for internal staff and the other for travel agents, and a web client for the general public to book tickets online.
• Provides online journey planner/timetables and mapping application.
• DotNetNuke modified (8 custom modules, conversion of old asp pages)
• Java, Apache, Tom Cat for mapping applet
• Online booking of Train tickets
• UML modeling (Enterprise Architect)
• DotNetNuke (10 Custom Modules)
• Developed Online Email Campaign and SMS manager.
• DotNetNuke – 5 Custom Modules including real time traffic monitoring.
Processes Waterfall methodology, continuous integration through cruise control.